Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: i've had enough... its high time i say it....

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    INTERSTATE 40 -- FROM 430 TO 630
    IS A FUCKING DEATH TRAP!!!!!


    especially at night....and ESPECIALLY
    with morons that like to take that section
    well over the POSTED speed of 55 miles an hour.

    holy shit!!!!


    i wish they'd fix that shit soon...
    at least take the fucking walls down....

    or... in the case of the walls going east
    through burns park/levy exit....

    PUT SOME FUCKING REFLECTORS ON THEM BASTARDS!!!

    and what happens if you have an accident
    or you need to pull over?!?!?!

    there is just no place to go... you either
    block traffic or you risk driving your
    POS to the next exit.
    this hasn't happened to me personally...
    but its something i think about... among
    many possible, horrid accidents that could
    happen while driving through there.


    IT BLOWS [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it excites me driving through there....it's like i'm risking my life every time i drive....and i woudl be in the group of people who drive well over the posted speed limit of 55....closer to around 75 or so... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    and according to my dad (who is party "head engineer" of the section), it shoudl be done in under 2 years from now....something to look forward to.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think the interstate through that section will
    be pretty cool once its done... but how its set
    up now is just unnerving.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner KingBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2002
    Location
    Where Boys Fear To Tread.
    Posts
    11,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Babi BootifuL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    5,215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now how the fook did you remember that?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no kidding, that was like a year and a half ago....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Genie!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2001
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well so far, we have only driven on I-40 once.
    That time we went to Little Rock. I don't remember it being real bad that day. I do remember seeing a shitload of construction that you were telling us about Shatz. I was kinda out of it that day anyway.

    Hopefully though, I won't have to deal with I-40 that much. I don't plan on it anyway. I don't see myself going to Little Rock enough to have to deal with it. I might be in a few weeks though to go to the malls there to do some Christmas shopping.
    There probably isn't any way around I-40 either, is there?

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if you are going to go to north little rock,
    there are ways around it... but they are so
    irritatingly complex that it would just be easier
    to bear I-40.

    if you are going to little rock, then there is no
    real way around I-40 that wouldn't take you to
    texarkana and back.

    hmmm... now that i think about it, i bet the
    traffic is going to be BS during the season...
    UUUUUUGGGGH.... that irritates me already. makes
    me feel uneasy.

    of course it makes me feel even MORE uneasy hearing
    you say that you may be going to the malls for
    xmas shopping.

    do you realize what you are getting yourself into?!?!

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Genie!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2001
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    uuuugghhh, not really no! *LOL

    What am I getting myself into?
    If you are talking about the driving and the holiday traffic, just remember I have driven in Atlanta MANY times, AND Atlanta was where I got the speeding ticket for 101 in a 75 *LOL

    Ok, but please do go ahead and tell me and give me the heads up. When you say, "what I'm getting myself into", you hit my curiosity *L

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heh heh... oh yeah.... well then i guess its
    just me cuz i prefer to avoid all densely
    populated areas at all times.... when avoidable.

    my parents used to go to the malls for xmas...
    and i hated it even then.... especially since
    they visited ALL area malls... (which, at the
    time... was 4 major malls... including the one
    in southwest little rock.. er... which i don't
    think is there any more... i think its some
    police station or something weird)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •